You must complete a separate
Form IL-8857, Request for Innocent Spouse Relief, for each year you are requesting relief. For each request, you must attach the following items, as applicable:
- a copy of your original U.S. and Illinois income tax returns,
- a copy of any amended U.S. and Illinois income tax returns,
- a copy of U.S. Form 8857, Request for Innocent Spouse Relief, if you requested relief from the IRS,
- any final determination of your federal or Illinois tax liability that you received from the IRS, Illinois Department of Revenue, or a court of law, including any grant or denial of innocent spouse relief, and
- any other supporting documentation you believe would assist us in determining your eligibility.
Send your completed Form IL-8857, along with supporting documentation, to
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
PROBLEMS RESOLUTION DIVISION
P.O. BOX 19014
SPRINGFIELD, ILLINOIS 62794-9014
For more information, see
Publication 125, Injured and Innocent Spouse Relief.