Before you begin, make sure you have:
- your (and your spouse's, if filing jointly) Illinois Personal Identification Number (IL-PIN) or Illinois driver's license or ID card if no IL-PIN has been assigned to you;
- your completed federal income tax return;
- all of your W-2, W-2G, 1099-G, and 1099-R forms;
- your Illinois Property Tax bill or statement (see
Schedule ICR instructions for qualifications);
- your receipts or other statements identifying any qualified education expenses you paid; and
- your checking or savings account information if you choose to directly deposit your refund or debit the amount you owe.