What information do I need to file my IL-1040 online?

Before you begin, make sure you have:

  • your (and your spouse's, if filing jointly) Illinois Personal Identification Number (IL-PIN) or Illinois driver's license or ID card if no IL-PIN has been assigned to you;
  • your completed federal income tax return;
  • all of your W-2, W-2G, 1099-G, and 1099-R forms;
  • your Illinois Property Tax bill or statement (see Schedule ICR instructions for qualifications);
  • your receipts or other statements identifying any qualified education expenses you paid; and
  • your checking or savings account information if you choose to directly deposit your refund or debit the amount you owe.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.