The management and operation of the event must be conducted only by members of the licensed organization, employees of the licensed organization, or volunteers recruited by the licensed organization. Activities that constitute "management or operation" of a charitable games event include:
- selling admission tickets
- selling or redeeming chips or play money or assisting in these activities
- participating in the conducting of any game played during the event. This includes dealing and/or acting as "pit boss".
- supervising, directing, or instructing anyone conducting a game
- counting or handling any of the proceeds, chips or play money at the event or supervising anyone doing so
- ensuring that the games are being conducted according to rules established by the organization
Note: For further information regarding the conducting of charitable games, refer to the
Charitable Games Regulations, Section 435.170.