Can I use MyTax Illinois if I am a first-time filer?

Yes. You may file your return through MyTax Illinois if you have a valid driver’s license or state ID card issued by the Illinois Secretary of State. Return to the MyTax Illinois homepage and click on the "Start your IL-1040" button.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.