On what form do I report sales and use tax and how do I obtain these forms?

Use Form ST-1, Sales and Use Tax and E911 Surcharge, to report your sales and use tax liability. If you are reporting sales for more than one location or from a changing location, you must also submit Form ST-2, Multiple Site Form. We send preprinted Forms ST-1/ST-2 to registered businesses upon request. To request preprinted forms, call us at (217) 785-3707. It will take approximately 7 – 10 days to receive them.

You also may file these forms electronically using MyTax Illinois. MyTax Illinois will provide your tax rates and perform the mathematical calculations for you, so you are less likely to make mistakes. When you file on MyTax, you still have the option to mail a check for the sales tax due if you are not mandated to pay electronically, or you can pay by direct debit from your bank account.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.