Do I need a motor fuel license?

You may. If you act as a distributor, supplier, receiver, or blender, you must be licensed under the Motor Fuel Tax Law. Receivers must also be licensed under the Environmental Impact Fee Law. One receiver license is valid under both laws. If your principal place of business is in a state other than Illinois, you must be licensed in your "home" state without any unpaid liabilities in that state for monies due for the sale, distribution, or use of motor fuel prior to applying for an Illinois motor fuel license.

To apply for a blender’s permit, or for a license as a distributor, supplier, or receiver, you must complete Form REG-1, Illinois Business Registration Application, and Form REG-8-A, Motor Fuel and Other Fuel Information.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.