To renew your Sales Tax Exemption (E) number, your organization must submit the following required documentation:
- Form STAX-1, Application for Sales Tax Exemption;
- a copy of your current exemption letter with your E99# on it;
- a copy of your Articles of Incorporation, OR if not incorporated, your Constitution;
- a copy of your By-Laws;
- a brief narrative of your Purpose;
- a copy of your IRS letter claiming your federal tax-exempt status;
- any brochures; and
- your most recent financial statement (Do not submit bank statements).
Note: If your organization is a religious organization, a financial statement is not needed.
Note: If you have a change of address or organization name, please indicate the change on the cover letter.
Use MyTax Illinois to quickly renew your Sales Tax Exemption (E) number electronically by scanning the above required documentation and attaching the scanned files to your renewal request.
If you are not using MyTax Illinois to renew, then you must mail the required documentation to the following address:
SALES TAX EXEMPTION SECTION 3-520
Illinois Department of Revenue
101 W Jefferson St
Springfield IL 62702-5145