What do I do if I mailed my tax return and I forgot to attach my W-2 or other supporting documents?

If you failed to attach your Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, or any other supporting documentation, please keep those items with your tax records. If we need documentation when we process your return, we will send you a letter requesting copies of the W-2 forms at that time. We may reduce the amount of your withholding shown on your tax return temporarily until we receive your W-2 forms returned with the letter you receive to verify the correct amount of withholding.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.