I have changed organization entity types. How do I change this with IDOR?

When your business changes organization entity types (e.g., from a sole proprietorship to a corporation) and is required to get a Federal Employer Identification Number( FEIN) or a new FEIN, you must re-register with IDOR by:

If you are able to keep your FEIN, you will need to fill out the paper version of the Form REG-1, Illinois Business Registration Application and attach proof of organization type and FEIN (IRS letter LTR-147C or CP 575), because the owner/officer information we require is different for different entity types.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.