If I turn 65 during the year, can I take the additional exemption?

Yes. As long as you, or your spouse if filing jointly, are 65 or older on the last day of the tax year, you may check the appropriate boxes for the additional $1000 exemption allowance per person.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.