What if I need to update my business registration information?

Most general maintenance can be completed electronically using MyTax Illinois, our online account management program. MyTax Illinois allows you to change legal and mailing address information, update responsible party, update owners/officers and members/managers (for Limited Liability Companies), contact information, and cease tax accounts. MyTax Illinois also allows users to add and cease sites by clicking “Maintain Locations” for sales and use taxes, automobile rental tax, hotel tax, and telecommunications tax. You may also complete form REG-3-C, Business Information Update, and mail or fax it to us. For any other updates, you may contact Central Registration at 217 785-3707, or you may email us by using the "Questions, Comments, or Request" link at the bottom of this page. Please include your Illinois Account ID or License Number, business name, effective dates (if applicable), and a detailed description of the type of maintenance you are requesting.

Note: Our system allows for a corporate legal address, site address (Illinois locations only), general mailing address, and tax-specific mailing addresses, so you must be specific in the type of address you need changed.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.