Is my Certificate of Registration or License transferable?

No.  A Certificate of Registration or License is not transferable and should be destroyed if your business is discontinued. 

Please refer to the Illinois Administrative Code,  Section 130.735.

Note: If you move your business to a new site location, you must update that information with IDOR immediately. This can be completed electronically through your MyTax Illinois account on the Summary screen at the account level by selecting "View more account options" and "Maintain Locations" under the "Account Maintenance" panel. You may also contact our Central Registration Division at 217 785-3707 or email us at to update this information. The legal address must be updated separately through your MyTax Illinois account on the Summary screen by selecting "More..." and "Manage Names & Addresses" under the "Name & Adresses" panel. Once your site address has been updated, IDOR will mail a new Certificate of Registration or License to your legal address.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.