What should I do if I did not receive a Schedule K-1-P?

If you do not receive a Schedule K-1-P, Partner's or Shareholder's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, and Recapture, you should contact the partnership or S corporation and ask them to send you the information. You may wish to keep documentation of all attempts you make to obtain your Schedule K-1-P.

If you do not receive the information by the original due date of your tax return, see your return instructions for details about how to take advantage of the automatic filing extension. However, if you will owe tax, you must file Form IL-505-I, Automatic Extension Payment for Individuals, and make any tax payment by the original due date of the tax return. For business income taxpayers, you do not need to file a form; however, you must pay any tentative tax due by the original due date of the return using the payment voucher associated with your return type. If you receive Schedule K-1-P information after you have filed an original tax return, you must file an amended return to include the pass-through amounts.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.