Who is subject to Rental Purchase Agreement Occupation Tax?

You must pay the Rental Purchase Agreement Occupation Tax if, in the ordinary course of your business, you regularly lease, offer to lease, or arrange for the leasing of merchandise under a rental purchase agreement, an arrangement typically known as a “rent-to-own” transaction. You also must pay this tax if you have been assigned an interest in a rental purchase agreement.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.