What should I do if I do not have a Social Security number?

You should apply for a Social Security number (SSN) from the Social Security Administration. If you do not qualify for a Social Security number (SSN) and were issued an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) by the IRS, write your ITIN on Line A of the Form IL-1040, Individual Income Tax Return, in place of an SSN.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.