How far back can I file an amended return to claim an overpayment based on changes to my federal return?

If your federal change decreases your Illinois tax and you want a refund, you must file an amended return (claim for refund) within two years plus 120 days of federal finalization.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.