I have not received my refund, should I include it on my IL-1040-X?

Yes. You must:

  • Include all previous overpayments, refunds, and credit carryforward (even if you have not received it) from your original Illinois Income Tax return, previously filed Form IL-1040-X, or for any other reason. Do not include interest that you have received.
  • Include your original voluntary contributions to state funds. You may not change the amount of your voluntary contributions to state funds made on your original Illinois Income Tax return.
  • Include use tax reported on your original Form IL-1040.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.