Are S corporations required to make estimated payments?

In general, S corporations are not required to make estimated income tax payments towards their annual tax liability. 

However, an S corporation that elects to pay pass-through entity-level tax will need to make estimated payments if its tax liability is expected to be $500 or more. For tax years ending before December 31, 2022, the Illinois Department of Revenue will waive late estimated payment penalties related to an election to pay the pass-through entity-level tax. For guidance about pass-through entity-level tax issued on September 10, 2021, see FY 2022-01, Illinois Income Tax Act changes may require you to make or increase estimated payments to avoid penalty.

S corporations may make pass-through entity-level tax estimated payments using 

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.