What if I need to correct or change my Form IL-1041?

If you need to correct or change your return after it has been filed, you must file Form IL-1041-X, Amended Fiduciary Income and Replacement Tax Return for the appropriate tax year. Any correction made may cause a recalculation of penalties and interest.

Note: If an amended return claiming a credit or refund is filed within six months of the expiration of the statute of limitations, then for amended returns filed on or after June 25, 2021, the statute of limitations will automatically be extended an additional six months for issuing an assessment of additional tax due.

For more information see our Business Income Tax Returns web page.  

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.