If the electronic payment has not been processed, you may be able to cancel or reschedule it. You must cancel or reschedule the payment before its scheduled date.
Here is information on how to cancel and reschedule your payment:
- If you scheduled a payment through MyTax Illinois, you can login to your account and cancel any pending payment. If you made your payment through the non-login option, you can use Retrieve Saved or Submitted Request to view and withdraw any pending future payment using the email address and confirmation code associated with your payment.
- If you scheduled a payment through a credit card or your bank, you must contact your financial institution to stop the payment. (financial institution stop payment fees may apply.)
- If you scheduled a payment through a tax professional or using tax preparation software, you may cancel your payment or request the date be changed. You must email us at REV.firstname.lastname@example.org to make a payment cancellation no later than 11:59 p.m. CT, two business days prior to the scheduled payment date and include ALL of the following information:
- Your first and last name or your company name if you are a business
- Identification number:
Mailing address and phone number Specify if you are requesting to Cancel or Reschedule your paymentExact dollar amount of your original paymentDate the original payment was scheduled to be paid (Month, Day, and Year)
- For individuals, last four of your social security number (SSN) or your Illinois PIN
- For businesses, full federal employer identification number (FEIN)
If rescheduling, you must include the new date to which the payment will be changed.
Note: Checks and money orders are cashed upon receipt. We are unable to stop these transactions; therefore, your check or money order will be cashed. You may contact your financial institution for more information regarding your options.