Can I subtract my military retirement pay on Line 5 of my IL-1040?

You may subtract the amount of any federally taxed portion (not the gross amount) included in Form IL-1040, Line 1, that you received from a government retirement or government disability plan, including military plans, reported on your federal Form 1040.

If you have additional inquiries, you may submit them to the Questions, Comments, or Request form.