Each qualifying organization that wishes to conduct a bingo event must complete an application with IDOR. You should allow at least 30 days prior to the event.
To qualify for a license to conduct bingo games, the organization must:
- be not-for-profit;
- be a bona fide religious, charitable, labor, fraternal, youth athletic, senior citizens', educational, or veterans' organization in Illinois;
- have been organized and in existence in Illinois for at least the last five years or affiliated and chartered with a national organization for two years and have had members carrying out the organization's goals during either period;
- not have any officers, directors, employees, or people participating of in the management or operation of bingo who have been convicted of a felony within the last 10 years or who have been convicted of a violation of Article 28 of the Criminal Code of 2012; and
- not compensate people participating in the management or operations of bingo.
- for first-time applicants, provide a copy of the organization's bylaws, a copy of either their constitution, charter, or articles of incorporation, and copies of a single month's meeting minutes from each of the preceding five years, or if you are chartered by a national organization, for a single month from each of the preceding two years, to establish that the organization has been in existence for at least that long.
License fees must be paid when the application is filed. To apply for a license, qualifying organizations must file
Form RB-3, Bingo Application for License, either electronically through MyTax Illinois or by mail. You must also complete
Form RB-40, List of Bingo Workers, and if renewing,
Form RB-32, Expenditure of Funds Earned Through Bingo. Keep these forms in your records and make them available to us when we request them.
Note: After you have filed Form RB-3 and you need to add or revise a scheduled event, you must complete
Form RCG-1-E, Charitable Games, Bingo, or Pull Tabs Events Updates, 30 days before the event. You may mail your completed form to the address on the form, fax it to 217-785-6013, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providers must file
Form RB-30, Provider of Premises License Application either electronically through MyTax Illinois or by mail. Note: Payment is due with the application so it cannot be submitted via fax or email.
Suppliers must file
Form RB-2, Application for Bingo Supplier’s License, either electronically through MyTax Illinois or by mail. Note: Payment is due with the application so it cannot be submitted via fax or email.