Illinois Showcased in OMB Webinar Uniform Guidance: Promising Practices
Illinois is recognized as a leader in Uniform Guidance implementation during the Federal Office of Management and Budget (OMB) hosted webinar broadcast on Tuesday July 5, 2016. The webinar on Uniform Grants Guidance (2 CFR 200) is provided from the Council on Financial Assistance Reform (COFAR) website:
https://cfo.gov/cofar/training/. The webinar will be posted for unlimited viewing.
The webcast Uniform Guidance: Promising Practices provides an opportunity to hear from leaders in the Federal, State, University, and nonprofit grant community on their best practices, tools, and techniques for successfully implementing pre-award, post-award, and Single Audit processes. During this webinar, Illinois is acknowledged among nation-wide best practices for Uniform Guidance implementation.
As promoted by OMB, the webinar showcases how the subject matter experts have “cracked the Uniform Guidance code”. Join the webinar to hear how Illinois’ Grant Accountability and Transparency efforts compare on a national scale.
Recognition of GATA
The Illinois Grant Accountability and Transparency Act is the first, and currently only, state legislation in the nation to require the adoption and implementation of a comprehensive set of standards that mandate accountability and transparency throughout the entire life cycle of a grant.
- The U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) is recognizing Illinois' approach to grants management as a best and leading practice.
- The National Council of Nonprofits believes that the Illinois Grant Accountability and Transparency Act should be a model for the nation.
- The national Council of Financial Assistance Reform (COFAR) is engaging with the Grant Accountability and Transparency Unit (GATU) regarding state level interpretation of Uniform Guidance and Illinois' approach for state-wide centralized standardized implementation.
- Florida, New York, North Carolina, and South Carolina have reached out to Illinois for guidance in passing and implementing similar legislation.
- Canada has discussed Illinois’ grant reform model and accountability as a model of best practices.
- The Illinois Central Repository Vault (CRV) has received national recognition and served as a model for the State of New York.
We have completed:
- JCAR submission of administrative rules applicable to Federal and Federal pass-through grants.
- The Notice of Adopted Rules for The Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (44 Ill. Adm. Code 7000; 39 Ill. Reg. 5278) was published in the Illinois Register.
- The effective date of the rules is July 24, 2015.