How to Look up your CE hours on File
Look up your CE hours on File
- Please go to www.statebasedsystems.com
- Click on "Print your Education Transcript"
- From the drop down enter "Illinois"
- Enter your last name
- Enter the last 4 digits of your SSN:
- At the drop down "Choose One" click on National Producer Number
- At next box enter you NPN #
- Click on Search
- Scroll down until you see a button "View education transcript" click on that button
- A new window should pop up and you can print or view the CE that has been reported for you.
Changes in the Compiled Statutes
The Illinois Department of Insurance (IDOI) wants to inform all Resident Producers of changes in the Illinois Compiled Statutes for continuing education (CE) and pre-licensing compliance.
Effective January 01, 2010, the key changes are:
- All resident producers whose license is due for renewal on or after January 01, 2010 will be required to complete 24 hours of CE: three of the 24 hours must consist of classroom ethics. This change will be required for every renewal period, every two years. (Search sbs.naic.org CE Providers Who Offer Classroom Ethics That Will Fulfill This Requirement.) State Based Systems
- Pre-licensing hours go from 15 hours for each class of insurance to 20 hours with 7.5 of the 20 hours must be completed in a classroom setting; except for Motor Vehicle will increase from 7.5 hours to 12.5 hours and 5 hours to be in a classroom setting.
- Pre-licensing will be required to be completed prior to taking the exam. Candidates will be required to show proof of pre-licensing completion at the test center before they will be allowed to sit for the exam.
- Any individual, who completed pre-licensing in 2009 under the previous law and waits to apply for a license in 2010, will be subjected to the requirement of completing the classroom portion of the pre-licensing requirement before the license could be issued.
- On November 4, 2009, the Department issued a bulletin describing the implementation of HB0070.