Established in the 1960’s in Springfield, the Market News office is looked upon by the Grain and Livestock Industry to establish fair and accurate prices. Our contacts with the grain and livestock industry have been established over the years and are protected by confidentiality. We are looked upon to be a neutral outside third party contact to establish accurate and unbiased price information. Many of our reports are used to establish contracts in the grain and livestock industry, counting on our unbiased, neutral, third party reporting. Due to the stability of our industry contacts, our reports have fewer wide fluctuations.
Market News office publishes prices for corn, soybeans, wheat, fertilizer, fuels, hogs, and cattle.
Facts About Market News
- The Central Illinois Soybean Processor Report is the source for soybean meal pricing in the New Farm Bill.
- The Illinois Grain Report covers grain values in Illinois from country elevator, corn and soybean processor to Illinois River terminals
- Many corn oil sales are based on corn oil prices published from the Central Illinois Corn Processors Report.
- Auction coverage of three Illinois locations allows buyers, producers and sellers to know the prices for slaughter cattle, feeder cattle, slaughter cows and replacement stock.
- The Illinois Production Cost Report, started in 2008, was established at a time when fertilizer prices were climbing higher. It was important for Illinois producers to know what fertilizer prices were in different areas of the State.
Daily Grain Reports
- Soybean Processor
- Illinois Production Cost Report
Livestock Auction Reporting
- Fairview Livestock Auction
- Walnut Livestock Auction—Walnut
- Greenville Livestock Auction—Greenville
- Weekly Cattle Auction Summary
A.M. Livestock Market Audio Report last updated: Sep 20, 2021
Grain Market Audio Report last updated: Sep 20, 2021
Illinois Sow Report last updated: Sep 20, 2021