The Governor’s Office of Management and Budget has implemented the first phase of the Illinois Interactive State Budget, a visualization tool for the Illinois State budget. With this tool, the Fiscal Year 2019 Proposed and Final Enacted Budgets can be displayed as Tree Maps. The budgets can be viewed at either the State agency level or at a fund level. Fund levels are further broken down by a Major Fund Category of the State Treasury, General State Funds, Other State Funds or Federal Funds. The Tree Maps allow users to click a box to drill up and down to view budget information in various levels of detail.
This initial phase of the Illinois Interactive State Budget greatly enhances transparency of the State of Illinois budget. Budget information for additional fiscal years and additional funding detail will be incorporated into future iterations of this tool.
To use the Illinois Interactive State Budget:
* From the State Agency Tree Map, select a specific State agency and drill down to see all funded programs. A program is a group activities operated by a state agency designed to achieve a common goal or statutory requirement. At State agency discretion, some programs are grouped and reported under a single program name. Using the boxes in the State Agency Tree Map, drill down within the program to view fund categories and line item appropriations that fund the program.
* From the Major Fund Category Tree Map, select a Major Fund category and drill down to see the allocation of funds within that category. Drill down further by state agency to see what programs receive funding under that Major Fund category. Continue to drill down to see the line item appropriations that fund the program.
* At any time, return to the previous screen using the button on the top of the Tree Map.
* Click on the selected box or to the right of the Tree Map to clear the search in the home screen.
* All dollar figures are in thousands.
* For support using the Illinois Interactive State Budget Reporting, contact
FY20 Agency ProposedFY20 Funds Proposed
FY19 Agency EnactedFY19 Agency ProposedFY19 Funds EnactedFY19 Funds Proposed