On January 25, 2016, Governor Rauner issued Executive Order 01-16 establishing the Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT), a new state agency with responsibility for the information technology functions of agencies under the jurisdiction of the Governor.
DoIT delivers statewide information technology and telecommunication services and innovation to state government agencies, boards and commissions as well as policy and standards development, lifecycle investment planning, enterprise solutions, privacy and security management, and leads the nation in Smart State initiatives.
DoIT’s Digital Transformation strategy includes the following components:
• Transform leadership to effectuate digital advancement
• Optimize the digital experience
• Create a data-driven state
• Transform business and technology operations
• Establish and maintain a 21st century workforce