It's that time of the year again, when thoughts turn to celebrations, food and giving. In the spirit of the holiday season, DoIT is introducing a new blog "Digital Transformation Leadership Principles" over next 12 days. I wanted to discuss key digital transformation leadership principles we have extracted from our work that enabled Illinois to rank in the top 3rd of all states, up from the bottom 4th, in 18 months.
Remember, the new Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT) is less than six months old. On both sides of the formation of DoIT, Illinois has made astounding progress toward digital transformation and modernizing technology, in the ultimate goal of providing better services for the citizens of Illinois.
Many have asked me, "How has Illinois made this progress so quickly"? So, over the next 12 business days, I will share some of the key leadership techniques used for Illinois' digital transformation. These can transcend industries and are applicable to any large scale digital transformation. This will be a combination of written and video blogs.
The blog series will run from December 5th through 21st and will include the following key leadership lessons:
- Focus on Transformation
- Build a Winning Team
- Build a Borderless Culture
- Keep the Customer at the Center
- Jump Start and Deliver Quick Wins
- It's Not about "Me"
As usual, please provide your feedback. We are here to share, learn, apply and accelerate Illinois' Digital Transformation. Enjoy!!!
- Monday, December 5 – Introduction blog
- Tuesday, December 6 - blog on "Focus on Transformation"
- Wednesday, December 7 – video on "Focus on Transformation"
- Thursday, December 8 - blog in the morning & video in the afternoon on "Build a Winning Team"
- Friday, December 9 – blog on "Build a Borderless Culture"
- Monday, December 12 – video on "Build a Borderless Culture"
- Tuesday, December 13 - blog on "Keep the Customer at the Center"
- Wednesday, December 14 –video on "Keep the Customer at the Center"
- Thursday, December 15 - blog on "Jump Start and Deliver Quick Wins"
- Friday, December 16 - video on "Jump Start and Deliver Quick Wins"
- Monday, December 19 – blog on Step 6: It's not about "Me"
- Tuesday, December 20 - video on It's not about "Me"
- Wednesday, December 21 – Closing blog on "what's next"