The Accounting Information System (AIS) is a common mainframe application system that addresses accounts payable information for a variety of both consolidated and nonconsolidated State of Illinois agencies, boards, and commissions. It is described as a critical Category One application system within the business continuity plan of DoIT pertaining to disaster recovery. AIS serves approximately 2900 users and processes over 2 million transactions per month.
Product Features and Descriptions
- Manages appropriations, fund transfers and adjustments, vendors, contracts and contract amendments
- Tracks expenditures from the initial receipt of the invoice throughout the production of vouchers
- Provides both project and cost center accounting
- Provides for cash management operations with other State of Illinois financial systems such as the Illinois Governmental Purchasing System (IGPS), the Accounts Receivable Posting System (ARPS) and the Comptroller's Statewide Accounting Management System (SAMS)
- Provides interfaces with the IGPS and Comptroller's Office as well as standard load layouts to facilitate interfaces with other external systems via both batch and online processing
- Provides numerous on-line summary management and batch reports
- Provides a browser-based on-line Query System to view Contract and Expenditure data
Rates and Billing
|GAS II Transactions
Ordering and Provisioning
Service can be procured, modified or cancelled by selecting the "Order Services" button near the top of the right pane.
- Service provisioning and implementation
- Incident resolution
- Routine maintenance
- Provide highly-reliable application connectivity as well as application response time
- Tracking of service costs and invoicing
- Notify all users of scheduled maintenance windows
- Develop and implement agency governance to ensure staff compliance with DoIT incident reporting and request requirements
- Ensure use is business related
- Ensure users log out when not needing to be on-line with AIS
- Do not share copyrighted or protected information without requisite approvals
Service Levels and Metrics
Staff will respond to service requests during the published business hours. DoIT targets to provision this service within 2 hours.
Incident Response and Resolution
All incidents reported to DoIT will be captured in the DoIT service management ticketing system and addressed according to the Incident Management Guidelines
To report an incident, click here Report Problems Form
or contact the DoIT Service Desk at 217-524-3648 (Springfield) or 312-814-3648 (Chicago).
This service will be available 24/7 excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events.