The Adobe Reader Extensions Service (ARES) provides form owners with the capability to apply usage rights to a PDF (Portable Document Format) to activate functionality within Adobe Reader to enhance end user capabilities. This functionality includes the ability to create pages from templates and alter form fields as well as enable digital signatures, 2D barcodes, and the ability to attach files/documents to the PDF. The service is available to agencies, boards, commissions, universities, colleges, Offices of the General Assembly, and Constitutional Officers as well as county and municipal governments.
Possible benefits of employing enabled PDF documents in your organization:
- Populated document files can be saved locally
- Ability to sign electronic documents with authentication applying public key infrastructure (PKI) technologies either through in-house PKI strategies or professional security vendors
- Ability for end users to edit and fill in electronic forms and documents and submit them in place of paper documents
- Enhanced integrity and accuracy of collected information resulting from the elimination of paper media and related manual re-entries
- Reduced reliance on facsimile or email technologies for electronic document transmissions
Product Features and Descriptions
Form Owner Capabilities
Managed user access to the form
Create pages from templates
Activation of 2D barcode decoding
Enable digital signatures
Creation of editable form fields
Embedded file attachments
Form User Capabilities
Submission of data via outside web browser
Submission of completed forms
Real-time database connectivity
Free form data entry
Easy entry into the user interface
Rates and Billing
DoIT fee waived at this time.
Ordering and Provisioning
Service can be procured, modified or cancelled by selecting the "Order Services" button near the top of the right pane.
- Service provisioning and implementation
- Incident resolution
- Routine maintenance
- Provide highly-reliable application connectivity
- Notify all users of scheduled maintenance windows
Develop and implement agency governance to ensure staff compliance with DoIT incident reporting and request requirements
Ensure that ARES services are not used for personal or other matters that do not pertain to official business needs
Reporting significant changes in business operations that may influence ARES services
Reporting changes in service performance in a timely manner to allow for accurate and speedy diagnostics
Ensure that intended users of the Adobe Reader Extensions Service will have Internet access outside the firewall.
Ensure that intended users of the Adobe Reader Extensions Service will have access to the latest version of Adobe Reader
Service Levels and Metrics
Staff will respond to service requests during the published business hours. DoIT targets to provision this service within 15 working days.
Incident Response and Resolution
All incidents reported to DoIT will be captured in the DoIT service management ticketing system and addressed according to the Incident Management Guidelines
To report an incident, click here Report Problems Form
or contact the DoIT Service Desk at 217-524-3648 (Springfield) or 312-814-3648 (Chicago).
This service will be available 24/7 excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events.