The Central Inventory System (CIS) is a common online inventory management and monitoring system. It includes the initial identification tagging of the State of Illinois' equipment, furniture, vehicles and real property as well as the continuous monitoring of their status and locations. It is offered for use to all State of Illinois agencies, boards, and commissions.
CIS averages 40,000 transactions per month. By offering a common application such as CIS to its 20+ customers, DoIT is able to reduce the costs associated with duplication of inventory system operations among its various customers.
CIS is compliant with Government Accounting Board Standard #34.
Product Features and Descriptions
- Create property records for equipment, furniture, real property and vehicles
- Update and track inventory items within agency-defined locations
- Assign specific items to individuals
- Produce inventory management reports by location within an agency
- Apply the calculated depreciation to determine asset values
- Calculate depreciation on capitalized items
Rates and Billing
Ordering and Provisioning
Service can be procured, modified or cancelled by selecting the "Order Services" button near the top of the right pane.
- Service provisioning and implementation
- Incident resolution
- Routine maintenance
- Provide highly-reliable application connectivity
- Track service costs and invoicing
- Notify all users of scheduled maintenance windows
- Develop and implement agency governance to ensure staff compliance with DoIT incident reporting and request requirements
- Ensure CIS use is business related
- Ensure users log out when not needing to be online with CIS
- Do not share copyrighted or protected information without required approvals
Service Levels and Metrics
Staff will respond to service requests during the published business hours. DoIT targets to provision this service within 2 hours.
Incident Response and Resolution
All incidents reported to DoIT will be captured in the DoIT service management ticketing system and addressed according to the Incident Management Guidelines
To report an incident, click here Report Problems Form
or contact the DoIT Service Desk at 217-524-3648 (Springfield) or 312-814-3648 (Chicago).
This service will be available 24/7 excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events.