The Central Payroll System (CPS) is a common online payroll processing and management system. It generates payrolls for 82 customer agencies, using specified pay schedules, for each pay period in a calendar year. CPS averages 160,000+ transactions per month. By offering a common application such as CPS to its customers, DoIT is able to reduce the costs associated with duplication of payroll system operations among its various customers.
Product Features and Descriptions
- Allows agencies to add, change and delete payroll information concerning their respective employees
- Provides for the direct deposit of paychecks to employee bank accounts to be processed through Central Payroll
- Updates all relevant tax tables
- Standardized reporting
- Handles supplemental and anticipated payrolls
Rates and Billing
|Per Record on File
Ordering and Provisioning
Service can be procured, modified or cancelled by selecting the "Order Services" button near the top of the right pane.
- Service provisioning and implementation
- Incident resolution
- Routine maintenance
- Provide support and troubleshooting assistance
- Provide highly-reliable application connectivity
- Track service costs and invoicing
- Notify all users of scheduled maintenance windows
- Develop and implement agency governance to ensure staff compliance with DoIT incident reporting and request requirements
- Ensure CPS use is business related
- Ensure users log out when not needing to be on-line with CPS
- Do not share copyrighted or protected information without requisite approvals
Service Levels and Metrics
Staff will respond to service requests during the published business hours. DoIT targets to provision this service within 5 weeks.
Incident Response and Resolution
All incidents reported to DoIT will be captured in the DoIT service management ticketing system and addressed according to the Incident Management Guidelines
To report an incident, click here Report Problems Form
or contact the DoIT Service Desk at 217-524-3648 (Springfield) or 312-814-3648 (Chicago).
This service will be available daily between the hours of 5:00 AM and 8:00 PM excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events.