The Electronic Pay Stub System (ePASS) provides a clear and understandable online view for each employee to review a replica of their respective pay stub information. Generally, each employee can find all of their payroll information collectively on a single screen. ePASS contributes to the long-term reduction of State of Illinois costs by significantly reducing the distribution of paper copies of employee pay stubs.
Product Features and Descriptions
- Access to paystub and payroll information
- Web-enabled access and functionality
- A history of prior pay stubs for up to 7 years from the date of implementation on a rolling scale
- Printable statements to use as supporting documentation pertaining to credit applications, mortgage applications, tax advisors, and financial investment representatives to name a few
- Confidentiality of information protected by portal ID and secure password
- Automated payroll administrator capability providing for a more efficient and easier maintenance of payroll data
- Deployment guidelines for agencies that address a variety of issues pertaining to the initial implementation of the ePASS Service including recommendations for rolling out the service
- Information such as gross earnings, Federal and State income taxes, FICA contributions, retirement, and other miscellaneous earnings and deductions are readily available
- ePASS is updated each pay period and maintains a history of past pay stubs for up to 7 years
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption and password management
- Employee Social Security Numbers are encrypted within the database
- The display of the Social Security Number on the electronic pay stub is limited to the last four digits
- Savings from eliminating paper documentation and postage
- Portable Internet access
Rates and Billing
DoIT fees waived at this time.
Ordering and Provisioning
Service can be procured, modified or cancelled by selecting the "Order Services" button near the top of the right pane.
Service provisioning and implementation
System access via the Internet from anywhere at any time
Employee and payroll administrator requirements fulfilled
- Develop and implement agency governance to ensure staff compliance with DoIT incident reporting and request requirements
- Users need to ensure that their respective passwords are kept confidential
- Users need to ensure that their payroll information is up to date
- Users need to report any discrepancies in their payroll information
- Ensure agency staff have Internet access, a State of Illinois Public Domain ID and password
Service Levels and Metrics
Staff will respond to service requests during the published business hours. DoIT targets to provision this service within 5 weeks.
Incident Response and Resolution
All incidents reported to DoIT will be captured in the DoIT service management ticketing system and addressed according to the Incident Management Guidelines
To report an incident, click here Report Problems Form
or contact the DoIT Service Desk at 217-524-3648 (Springfield) or 312-814-3648 (Chicago).
This service will be available 24/7 excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events.