Enterprise Desktop Services
Desktop support is available for State of Illinois owned end user devices (desktop computers, notebook computers, mobile tablet computers, thin client terminals, monitors, docking stations, external media drives and system printers) that reside in the customer environment and access the State of Illinois' business systems.
DoIT will ensure users have access to State of Illinois applications they need to perform their job function from their device as well as ensure peripheral devices function as intended. End user support covers the configuration, installation, connectivity, maintenance, troubleshooting, break/fix and upgrades of the devices.
Additionally through this service, agencies can purchase Microsoft Office 365 software licenses.
Product Features and Descriptions
End User Support: Hardware Installation / Setup
- Initial setup. configuration and installation of computer hardware and peripherals (Desktop Computers, Notebook Computers, Mobile Tablet Computers, Thin Client Terminals and Monitors are offered)
- Initial setup, configuration and installation of device operating systems. Computers will be preconfigured with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 10. PC equipment is billed separately
End User Support: Software Installation / Setup
- Initial setup, configuration and installation of application software
End User Support: Computer Security
- User ID administration
- Internet security
- Content filtering
- Anti-virus protection
- Hard Disk Encryption (laptops)
- Centralized file/data storage with backup and recovery protection
- Security available for existing and new computers (computer must be compatible with the Windows 7 or 10 operating system)
End User Support: Computer Support
- Move, add and change requests
- Asset management support. Inventory information will be used to track equipment pertaining to adds, moves and transfers to surplus and to conduct yearly inventories for verification
End User Support: Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of desktop equipment is included
- Troubleshooting of network connectivity from the desktop to the nearest network connection point (i.e., wireless access point, VoIP phone, managed desktop switch, data jack, etc.) to make sure there is access to network file systems and printers
Operating System Support: Maintenance, Troubleshooting, Software Updates
- Operating system
- Anti-virus updates
- Support packs
- Network printing
- May require minimal user interaction at the computer
Thin Client Use Cases
Before a customer considers placing orders for Thin Clients, it may be helpful to have a general understanding of which types of users would be better served, in terms of productivity and efficiency, by Thin Client devices.
It is recommended that potential customers review the Use Cases document prior to budgeting for Thin Client orders. The document may be accessed in the right-hand column of this page under the Thin Client category.
MS Office 365 Government E3 (Includes the new Office 2016 Apps)
Excel including use with Power Query, Power Pivot and 3D Maps Business Intelligence tools
Microsoft FastTrack for Office 365
Subscription includes updates
Single sign-on as well as Active Directory synchronization
- Software and hardware configurations and peripherals are potentially available, However, they will be provided/supported on a per-case basis and subject to approval and appropriate charges.
- MSEA Standard licenses are no longer available.
Hardware Purchasing and Ownership
- All new personal computer equipment will be procured by DoIT, tagged with DoIT inventory tags and become the property of DoIT
Support for Telecommuters
- DoIT offers CITRIX software support to telecommuters at the home using non-State owned equipment
Rates and Billing
|Per Thin Client/Month
MS Office 365 Government E3 (Including Office 2016 Apps)
Ordering and Provisioning
Service can be procured, modified or cancelled by selecting the "Order Services" button near the top of the right pane.
- Service provisioning and implementation
- Incident resolution
- Routine maintenance
- Maintain applicable vendor contracts for products and services provided
- Maintain stock of new and used PC equipment
- Notify customers through the DoIT change management process of any product changes
- Provide notifications of scheduled downtime prior to upgrades or maintenance whenever possible
- Provide quarterly device counts for billing purposes
- Help business managers evaluate and select products and services
- Set up the File/Print environment
- Develop and implement agency governance to ensure staff compliance with DoIT incident reporting and request requirements
- Verify billing statement is correct each month
- Approve device counts provided by DoIT for billing purposes
- Purchase software licenses required for DoIT support
- Maintain any proof of licensure for non-standard applications
- Agree to have all equipment tagged with DoIT tags and become DoIT property
- Used equipment requests must be submitted via the ESR process
- Submit request for new devices early in the planning process to allow time for procurement and site planning
- Prevent physical relocation of PC equipment by Agency staff
- Prevent installation of personal software by Agency staff
- Prevent installation of State of Illinois-owned software without approval/direction of DoIT End User Computing
- Ensure GOMB pre-approval on all new personal computer and thin client equipment orders
- Clean out old or unused files stored on file servers
- Surplus old personal computer and thin client equipment
- Request unused or under-utilized software be removed so that it can be installed for other users without additional costs
- Paying for equipment
- Safeguard DoIT owned assets
- Assist with annual inventory reconciliation
Service Levels and Metrics
Staff will respond to service requests during the published business hours. DoIT targets to provision this service as follows:
- Standard device installed within 30 days
- Non-Standard device installed within 90 days
- New employee within 10 days
- Equipment move within 21 days
- Add standard software within 14 days
Incident Response and Resolution
All incidents reported to DoIT will be captured in the DoIT service management ticketing system and addressed according to the Incident Management Guidelines.
To report an incident, click here Report Problems Form or contact the DoIT Service Desk at 217-524-3648 (Springfield) or 312-814-3648 (Chicago).
This service will be available Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5PM, unless otherwise requested or scheduled.