The Enterprise Fax Service (EFS) provides BCCS hosted email customers with the ability to send and/or receive fax documents via Outlook or Fax client. This service can supplement or replace the fax machines that customers are currently using; downstate fax numbers can be moved to the EFS system to avoid having to request new fax numbers for use in the system. Existing multi-purpose imaging devices that print, copy, scan, and fax are also well-suited to be used with EFS. The redundant infrastructure of EFS provides automatic failover server support.
Product Features and Descriptions
Multiple outbound and inbound fax lines
Client software for faxing
Electronic storage of facsimile documents
Receipt of facsimile documents to either shared file folders or email accounts
Rates and Billing
Ordering and Provisioning
Service can be procured, modified or cancelled by selecting the "Order Services" button near the top of the right pane.
- Service provisioning and implementation
- Incident resolution
- Routine maintenance
- Track any customer fax account changes
- Provision new fax lines and new user accounts
- Work with departments to convert fax machines to the eFax service and work with them on larger Fax projects which may be tied to applications
- Track service costs and provide quick and on-time invoicing
- Provide notifications of any scheduled maintenance or outages
- Active assistance, partnership, and consulting blending business messaging needs with technological capabilities
- Provide on-going enhancements and quality assurance efforts
- Develop and implement agency governance to ensure staff compliance with DoIT incident reporting and request requirements
- Ensure EFS is only used for matters that pertain to official business needs
- Report significant changes in business operations that may influence EFS
- Report changes in service performance in a timely manner to allow for accurate and speedy diagnostics
- Ensure that all EFS users are knowledgeable about the respective fax standards and procedures
- Provide a designated agency contact and related contact information for DoIT to interface with when needed
Service Levels and Metrics
Staff will respond to service requests during the published business hours. DoIT targets to provision this service within 2 days.
Incident Response and Resolution
All incidents reported to DoIT will be captured in the DoIT service management ticketing system and addressed according to the Incident Management Guidelines
To report an incident, click here Report Problems Form
or contact the DoIT Service Desk at 217-524-3648 (Springfield) or 312-814-3648 (Chicago).
This service will be available 24/7 excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events.