Midrange Storage services provides both quick and ready access as well as long-term storage that will not be accessed on a daily or frequent basis. These services are available for all State of Illinois agencies, boards, commissions, universities, colleges, Offices of the General Assembly, Constitutional Officers, county and municipal governments within Illinois.
Product Features and Descriptions
Data/Recovery, Access Information, Security/Virus Protection
- Backup and recovery of storage data
- Authorization to users and advanced access management to provide access to storage
- Monitoring and security scanning for stored files for any potential electronic threat
- Virus protection services for servers managing and accessing the data stored on these storage devices
Additional Information Storage Tiering
- Tier 1 - Block Level Storage
- Large-scale, multi-performance level enterprise storage systems
Tier 2 - Network Attached Storage a.k.a. File Level Storage
- File-based data storage services (i.e., Common Internet File System (CIFS)/Server Message Block and Network File System (NFS)/Distributed File System) provided to other devices on the network
- Available using standard network protocols
- Includes users' respective personal and shared data
Tier 3 - Content-Addressable Storage a.k.a. Long-Term Capacity Storage
- For the storage of data that is not intended to be readily modified on a frequent basis
- Replaces (1) "write once, read many" technology, (2) tape media, (3) volumes of scanned documentation previously stored in Tier 2 legacy archived documentation that is almost never modified
- BLOB (Binary Large Object) data as written by specific application APIs
Tier 4 - Data Warehouse Storage a.k.a. Readily-Accessible Large-Data Storage
- Easily restore from original source
- No data protection required
- No retention restrictions
- Static data such as aerial photos, TIF files and GIS data
Rates and Billing
||Option 1: $ 0.07|
||Option 2: $ 0.14|
Ordering and Provisioning
Service can be procured, modified or cancelled by selecting the "Order Services" button near the top of the right pane.
- Service provisioning and implementation
- Incident resolution
- Routine maintenance
- Maintain requested capacity and advertised retrieval turnaround
- Develop and implement agency governance to ensure staff compliance with DoIT incident reporting and request requirements
- Ensure only business-related data is stored using these storage devices
Service Levels and Metrics
Staff will respond to service requests during the published Business Hours. DoIT targets to provision this service within 2 days.
Incident Response and Resolution
All incidents reported to DoIT will be captured in the DoIT service management ticketing system and addressed according to the Incident Management Guidelines
To report an incident, click here Report Problems Form
or contact the DoIT Service Desk at 217-524-3648 (Springfield) or 312-814-3648 (Chicago).
This service will be available 24/7 excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events.