Print and Mail Services
Multi-Function Network Printer Support services facilitates the acquisition, installation and support of network multi-function printers. The State of Illinois has fully subscribed to the installation and use of networked multi-function office devices in support of printing services. The State of Illinois is also dedicated to replace:
- Legacy printers not designed for networked multi-function use
- In-service printers that are determined to be under-utilized and stand-alone printers.
The overall objective is to reduce the volume of printer-paper use, efficiently deploying the optimum number of networked multi-function office devices and benefitting from vendor warranties through lower maintenance expenses.
Product Features and Descriptions
Business-requirements assessments will be performed to determine an appropriate solution based on function, throughput volume and site logistics
Determine printing needs based on business requirements
Network attachable multi-function printers in various capacities and scale to satisfy dynamic user business demand
Delivery, initial installation, connectivity, user training, operating supplies and relocations for the printers
Continuous maintenance support
Rates and Billing
Fees are incorporated in the lease agreements.
Ordering and Provisioning
Service will be procured, modified or cancelled by selecting the "Order Services" button near the top of the right pane.
- Service provisioning and implementation
- Incident resolution
- Routine maintenance
- Work with the customer to determine printing needs based on business requirements
- Provide support of installations, configuration and network connectivity
- Develop and implement agency governance to ensure staff compliance with DoIT incident reporting and request requirements
- Complete and submit all necessary requesting documentation sufficiently in advance of the needed support such as device acquisition, installation or relocation including a "Network Printer Install Information Form" for each device
- Promptly communicate all device operating and connectivity incidents in accordance with established reporting channels
- Ensure that end users understand that relocation of networked multi-function office devices must be coordinated with/through DoIT
Service Levels and Metrics
Staff will respond to service requests during the published business hours. DoIT targets to provision this service within 50 days of the initial lease assessment.
Incident Response and Resolution
All incidents related to Xerox will be addressed according to the master contract service level agreement. To report an incident, click here "Xerox Printer/Support Troubleshooting"
or contact Xerox directly at 800-821-2797.
This service is currently available excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events.