Nextalk/Textnet services enable PCs to function like a TDD/TTY unit and allow callers to be routed to any user within an agency or at other agencies. Callers may leave messages that can be forwarded through email and outgoing calls can be typed through the PC. All State agencies are required to be able to communicate with the deaf and hard of hearing so it is expected that each agency would have at least one unit to communicate with such a caller.
DoIT telecommunications services are available to all State of Illinois agencies, boards, commissions, universities, Offices of the Illinois House and Senate, and Constitutional Officers.
Product Features and Descriptions
- Statewide availability of Nextalk service
- Software needed to use the service
- Amplified telephones for users with a mild hearing loss
- Voice carry-over amplified telephones for users with severe hearing loss
- Answering machines are available to provide for both sound and printed messages
- Keyboard-adaptive products provide useful interactive and visual features designed to give the optimum telecommunication information for hearing-impaired users
- In-line telephone amplifiers to amplify regular telephone conversations
- Portable amplifiers and headsets
Rates and Billing
|Toll Free Number
||$ 5.00 Monthly|
||$ 75.00 One Time|
||$ 5.00 Monthly|
Ordering and Provisioning
Service can be procured, modified or cancelled by selecting the "Order Services" button near the top of the right pane.
- Service provisioning and implementation
- Incident resolution
- Routine maintenance
- Clarify order information, monitor order status and update billing information
- Help with the analysis and development of the appropriate product and service mix to fulfill specific short and long-term customer needs
- Provide integrated ordering, inventory, and billing in a shared database that's accessible to customer Telecom Coordinators
- Provide automated agency billing included in monthly call detail
- Coordinate training
- Provide MDE notifications
- Develop and implement agency governance to ensure staff compliance with DoIT incident reporting and request requirements
- Provide a dedicated line for Nextalk installation (line fees charged monthly)
- Perform a routine review of billing for errors, underutilized service, special features and equipment
- Provide a designated agency contact and related contact information
- Perform an annual reconciliation to ensure accurate assignment
Service Levels and Metrics
Staff will respond to service requests during the published business hours. DoIT targets to provision this service as follows:
- Service installation within 10 business days
Incident Response and Resolution
All incidents reported to DoIT will be captured in the DoIT service management ticketing system and addressed according to the Incident Management Guidelines
To report an incident, click here Report Problems Form
or contact the DoIT Service Desk at 217-524-3648 (Springfield) or 312-814-3648 (Chicago).
This service will be available 24/7 excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events.