The Council makes investments (grants) to a wide variety of organizations and individuals to help improve the lives of people with disabilities and entire communities. Calls for Investments are made throughout the year. For an information packet, contact the Council's Springfield office at 217-782-9696.The State Plan outlines the Council's priorities and objectives in ten areas of emphasis:
Education and Early Intervention
Formal/Informal Community Supports
NEW: COVID-19 DD Relief Fund
In March & April 2020, The Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities (ICDD) invested $340,000 with The Arc of Illinois to fund time-limited demonstration projects that assist in filling gaps in services that people with developmental disabilities (DD) and families are experiencing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There was an overwhelming response to this funding opportunity with 138 applications received and 50 projects awarded. In total, 150,000+ people with DD across Illinois will benefit from this initiative.
1) Respond to emerging needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
2) Reduce the amount of anxiety and isolation for individuals with developmental disabilities through innovative projects.
3) Build and maintain community capacity to support the short-term and long-term needs of individuals with developmental disabilities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
4) Inform systems change efforts for future disaster preparedness and emergency response in Illinois and other states.
5) Ensure people continue to engage with peers during this period of social distancing and isolation.
Check out the COVID-19 DD Relief Fund One Pager