The Office of the State Fire Marshal, The Department of Natural Resources and Gateway Fireworks Displays are pleased to offer an introductory training program for fireworks and pyrotechnics for Fire, Law, Code Enforcement and Venue Management Officials.
Training will include a review of applicable State and Federal regulations including IDNR, OSFM, ATF, DOT, OSHA, CPSC, and NFPA regulations / standards; along with on-going industry efforts to ensure best practices for safety.
This training program will cover Retail Sales, Permits, and Inspection for Outdoor Professional Displays and a general overview of the regulatory environment.
Consumer (1.4G) Fireworks Retail Sales
Commonly referred to as “backyard” fireworks sold at retail outlets year-round and roadside stands.
* NFPA 1124 Retail Sales * Warehouse / Storage * Illinois Rules for Retail Sales
* Products & Packaging *Novelties Fireworks Emergencies
Professional Display (1.3G) Fireworks
Products used by professional fireworks display companies & typically discharged for community events.
* Types of Displays * NFPA 1123 Overview * Safety Equipment & Set-Ups
* Display Site Venues * Fallout Zones & Weather * Emergency Response Guidance
* License and Permits * Illegal Sale, Use, & Storage * Transportation
The program will be presented by Gateway Fireworks Displays and the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal.
There is no charge for this training program. Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
For more information or registration, please contact:
Chief Steve McBride, Murphysboro Fire (618)-684-3991 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Wetzel, Office of the State Fire Marshal (217) 558 0328 email@example.com
5/21/2019 9:00 AM