The campground operates April 1st through October 31st with water and electric hookups available. November 1st through March 31st the campground is open but without water hookup accessibility. There are 300 sites available that can accommodate motor homes, RV's, fifth wheels, and tents with electric and water and limited sewer hook-ups. Shower facilities and restrooms are available all year long. Security monitors the Illinois State Fairgrounds twenty-four hours a day and campground supervisors are centrally located in the campground to assist with assigning spots, parking, and general information on the fairgrounds and the Springfield area. The campground is conveniently located near the Abraham Lincoln Historic Sites.
- 300+ Hook-ups
- Electric and Water Utilities
- Limited Sewer Hook-Ups
- Nearby Parking
Hours: 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
After hours, contact security at
Rates (April - October)
Rates not applicable during the Illinois State Fair in August.
* Holiday rates are for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights of both Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends
|Camping Type / Duration||Rate||Holiday|
|Senior (60 & Older)||$20||$30|
|Veterans with ID||$20||$30|
|Weekly (7 nights)||$125|
|Monthly (30 or 31)||$425|
Special Winter Rates (November - March)
There will be no water but campers are still allowed the electricity.
|Camping Type / Duration||Rate|
|Senior (60 & Older)||$15|
|Veterans with ID||$15|
|Tent||NO TENT CAMPING|
|Weekly (7 nights)||$105|
|Monthly (30 or 31)||$375|
Facility Rental Usage Rates and Information
Map of the Campgrounds
ILLINOIS STATE FAIRGROUNDS CAMPING GUIDELINES
Effective Date: IMMEDIATELY
These guidelines apply to recreational camping in ALL areas of the Illinois State Fairgrounds.
- If campers are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 they should not attempt to stay at the campground.
- Campers assume personal responsibility and should abide by set guidelines.
- All walk-in campers are encouraged to have exact change or a check for the payment of their campsite at the time of their arrival.
- Campers are encouraged to use any self-contained restroom in their own camper for restroom or shower use.
- Showers are available. Bathers should bring their own sandals to avoid direct contact with the floor.
- Campsite capacity cannot exceed 10 people at any point in time.
- Social Distancing measures of 6 feet remain in effect and should be observed at ALL times.
- Anyone over the age of 2 years old must wear a face covering when 6' social distancing cannot be maintained or in an indoor area. Campers will follow all IDPH guidelines regarding PPE and additional best healthy practices.
- Personal sanitization materials should be brought with you. Barriers may be temporarily erected where needed.
- All disinfecting/cleaning procedures will follow guidelines set by CDC.
SAFETY and CLEANSING PRECAUTIONS:
- Campground Office will always have a protective barrier to ensure a contactless transaction.
- All campground staff will wear a face covering when handling a transaction or dealing with the public on any issue.
- Campground hosts will sanitize their hands after every transaction.
- Restrooms and shower houses will be cleaned and checked twice daily.