The Department of Agriculture is accepting applications for summer employment on line only . Please click this application link to apply.
The Illinois State Fair is seeking volunteers to help staff information booths. The information booths are located at various locations throughout the fairgrounds. Workers are needed from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. or 3 p.m. - 8 p.m. You can volunteer three days or all ten days. The fair is held August 11th-21st. Workers are provided with all the information needed to answer questions by fairgoers as well as gate and parking passes, and State Fair t-shirts. A training workshop will be held on August 8th at 1 p.m. at the Emmerson Building.
- The 2022 Illinois State Fair will be held August 11th-21st.
Volunteers are needed in several areas including;
- Information Booths: Staff information booth; assist fair-goers. Six Information Booths are located at the Illinois State Fair. Information booths are conveniently located across from the north end of the Grandstand, on Main Street at the four-way stop, south of the pedestrian tunnel, at the three way stop near the Livestock Center at the end of Central Avenue, Gate 2 at Peoria Rd and Sangamon Avenue and near the entrance of the Main Gate. 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. or 3 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Office assistant in the Emerson Building in the State Fair office. 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Floaters; Upon arrival for volunteer assignment, assist where needed.
- Exposition Building: Greet fair-goers and provide daily schedules. 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. or 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Greeters at gates 1 and 2 ( Sangamon Ave). 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. or 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Minimum of 15 hours of total time needed from volunteers. Of course, you can volunteer for additional hours.
- Free State Fair T-shirt, free admission and parking.
- Training workshop to be held on August 8th at 1 p.m. (not mandatory, about 1 hour)
- Please check back at a later date for a Volunteer Application Form
- For additional information or questions, please contact the Special Events Office at 217-782-0777.