Most Common Titles
- Veterans Nursing Assistant Certified (VNAC) $3257-$4443/month*
- Licensed Practical Nurse 1 $3443-$4742/month*
- Licensed Practical Nurse 2 $3653-$5085/month*
- Registered Nurse 1 $5074-$6883*
- Registered Nurse 2 $5702-$7753*
- Support Service Worker $2987-$3923*
The Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs and Central Management Services (CMS) recognize veterans' preference for individuals seeking employment in positions under the Personnel Code. Your military service may result in additional points on your application. It is important, when completing the applicant profile, that veterans provide complete and descriptive duties for each position you held during your military service. Be sure to list each change in rank separately, including the dates served in each rank, average hours per week spent on duty, specific duties performed, etc. More information is available @ https://illinois.jobs2web.com/content/Veterans-Outreach-Program/?locale=en_US
The State of Illinois Career website (https://illinois.jobs2web.com) offers many features to assist individuals:
- Who are interested in knowing what vacancies are currently open within State of Illinois agencies and
- Who may want to use the system to identify positions that match their interests and/or qualifications should vacancies in those titles exist or occur in the future.
Interested candidates are encouraged to look over all postings and follow the instructions on the posting. Some titles are electronic hires, meaning the candidate must apply directly on the site.
Other postings will direct the candidates to submit an application to a hiring email in order to be considered. Applications are available at: https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/work/Documents/pdfs/app_cms100.pdf ****
Candidates may search current vacancies in a few ways.
- By searching either by key word of zip code
- By searching for jobs on the map, candidates can zoom in on an area of Illinois to see which counties may have open vacancies
- By using the featured jobs section, this section has vacancies filtered by job types such as clerical, heath care or technology
- View All Jobs, will provide of listing of all current vacancies
The first step in application process is creating a candidate profile. In order to create an account, potential candidates will need to read and accept the data privacy statement. Candidates can also request email notifications for postings that meet their interests.
For any questions related to completing the Candidate Profile please click here.
Once the Candidate has identified a position they would like to apply for, start by clicking the Apply Now button.
Review the posting carefully and completely to ensure you are prepared to provide all information needed to apply.
After clicking "Apply Now," the system will take you to your Candidate Profile to give you an opportunity to make any changes you wish to make before applying. If your Candidate Profile is accurate, click "Next" at the bottom right.
The first section of the application includes voluntary disclosure sections. We continually strive for a workforce that reflects the growing diversity within the State of Illinois. A variety of employee backgrounds, perspectives, ideas and experiences are crucial to our ability to most effectively serve the public. Please consider completing these voluntary disclosures. The State can utilize this high-level data to identify trends and improve recruitment strategies.
Direct applicants to: https://illinois.jobs2web.com/content/AP---Application-Questions/?locale=en_US
Step 1: Login to work.illinois.gov and click on options. Navigate to the "My Profile" tab
Step 2: Scroll down to the "Jobs Applied" tab and select the position which you hope to update application submission/materials
Step 3: Click on "My Documents" tab and upload the documents in the relevant section (Resume, Cover Letter, or Additional Documents.
Step 4: After uploaded the documents click on "Update" button below.
Step 5: Once updated you will receive an email confirming that your application was updated successfully.