For visitors who prefer a rustic experience, Pere Marquette offers a wide range of camping opportunities:
Click here to go to reservation site
Reservations must be made three days before the date comes. We can also only make reservations 180 days in advance (six months typically).
Firewood is sold for $5 by the campground hosts in spots 1&2 Firewood from outside Jersey County Illinois is not permitted.
Campground Address: Park Rd. Grafton IL. 62037
Class A (ELECTRICAL/RV) Campground MAP
- 80 Reservable Sites (6 months out; sites go early in the fall months)
- There are Two Rent-A-Cabins available (Sites 13 & 15). The Rent-A-Cabins are NOT handicapped accessible
- Cabins sleep up to six people
- Cabins have one full sized bed and two sets of bunk beds.
- Cabins have electricity but do not have water inside the cabin.
- Cabins are next to the bathhouse for bathrooms and showers.
- These rustic cabins do not have as many amenities as cabins at the lodge, to see all of what is included see our brochure below.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW Rent-A-Cabin brochure
Class B (PRIMITIVE/TENT)
- Class B is NON-RESERVABLE
- Location is just NORTH of the Class A sites
- Show up, find an open site, set your tent up
- Bring your drivers license, and license plate number to the campground host (Class A- Sites 1 & 2) OR go to the Visitor Center (take HWY 100 WEST [AWAY FROM GRAFTON] 1/4 mile) to pay your reservation fee
The Class A campground has 80 sites, two of which are handicap accessible. These sites have electrical hookups only, with a sanitary dump station, drinking water, and a shower building available on the grounds. All spots are available for reservation. The nearby Class B tent camping area also has access to the shower building.
Within the Class A campground, the park offers two Rent-A-Camp cabins.
Popular among scout groups is the Youth Tent Camp Area, also known as Duncan Hill. This separate campground offers a picnic shelter and tables, pit-type toilets and drinking water. Duncan Hill reservations can be made online.
We are going to open Camp Piasa May 27- Oct 16 AND Camp Potawatomi June 13 – Oct 16. We will be starting the lottery process March 18th. This should give everyone plenty of time to talk to friends and family and see which camp and dates will work best for your group. The first lottery is for groups staying 6 nights or more. The second lottery is for groups staying less than 6 nights. The third lottery is for day use which takes place April 1st. I attached the 2022 application, regulations and maps of both camps. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
Reservations for campsites, cabins and picnic shelters, and group camps may be made at