Reservations are highly recommended and can be placed 6 months to 4 days prior to the date of your planned arrival. Reservations can only be made on-line at https://camp.exploremoreil.com or by calling 866-716-6550.
The camping fee for a regular campsite is $25.00 per night unless it is a holiday at which time the campsite fee is $35.00. A minimum 2 night reservation is required for Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Fourth of July (when holidays fall on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday). There is a non-refundable reservation fee of $5 plus 2.2% (credit card) or $1 (e-check) convenience fee.
Cancellations must be made online only at https://camp.exploremoreil.com or by calling 866-716-6550. Please do not call the park office to cancel your reservation. The reservation fee will not be transferred or refunded.
Handicap campsites and Youth Group Camping Reservations must contact the Park Office, M-F only between the times of 8 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to make a camping reservation. 815-667-4906.
There is a maximum of 1 family (2 parents and their minor children) or 4 adults per site with 2 tents or 1 RV and 1 tent.
The Youth Group Camping area is only reservable for approved youth groups such as scout packs and church youth group organizations. NOT family reunions, or adult organizations and groups. There is a minimum of 10 persons or maximum of 25 per site. There is a $2/per person/per night or $20 minimum per night (10 person minimum) fee. All youth group leaders are asked to know the exact amount of persons camping when placing the reservation with the park office and not to exceed the amount give to the park office.
The campground gates are open from 8:30 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.
- Starved Rock's campground has 129 Class-A Premium campsites.
- All sites come equiped with a cement pad for RV or camper, area for tent (allowed up to 2 tents total), picnic table, fire pit with grill grate on top, and electric hook-up.
- Campers are allowed up to 2 vehicles at their campsite. All extra vehicles will have to park in the small lot at the entrance of the campground.
- Water hydrants can be found throughout the campground for use.
- Porta potties are located throughout the campground as well as two seperate shower houses with flush toilets.
- The dump station and trash containers can be found upon entering and exiting the campground.
- The campground also contains a playground area and shelter.
- Do not bring firewood in from areas outside of LaSalle County please. Firewood can be purchased at the campground as well as at local gas stations in Utica, IL.
- Alcohol is ALWAYS prohibited in the campground.
- Quiet time in the campground is 10 p.m.
- There is a camp store in the campground that operates seasonally (usually May 1-Oct. 31) that sells firewood, ice, soda and other camping supplies. Hours for the store are: Mondays-Fridays from 3-7 p.m., Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., and Sundays from 12 p.m. -6 p.m.
- Please view the campground brochure below for information on each site, such as; shaded, sunny, or partially shaded, and proximity to the shower houses.
Starved Rock State Park Campground.pdf