2020 Waterfowl Season Updates:
- Any permit hunters will select their hunting stake per the number they were assigned and will be handed a harvest card on their permit by 5 AM.
- After permit hunters show up for the day, we will assign the remaining blinds in a drive through contactless fashion, hand the hunting party a harvest card and they also will self check out at the main office.
- All parties are REQUIRED to wear a mask at time of check in.
- There will be a $10.00 fee per hunter. Please use correct change.
Banner Marsh State Fish and Wildlife Area is located approximately 25 miles southwest of Peoria on U.S. Route 24 and is protected from the Illinois River by a major levee. Teeming with fish and wildlife, Banner Marsh provides outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, boating, dog training, picnicking, wildlife observation and photography. Three public access areas lead into Banner Marsh, all of which have parking lots, boat ramps, restrooms and picnic areas. The only type of camping allowed at Banner Marsh is youth group camping. Nearby Rice Lake State Fish and Wildlife Area has camping facilities available.
- While groups of 25 or more are welcome and encouraged to use the park's facilities, they are required to register in advance with the site office to avoid crowding or scheduling conflicts.
- At least one responsible adult must accompany each group of 15 minors.
- Pets must be kept on leashes at all times.
- Actions by nature can result in closed roads and other facilities. Please call ahead to the park office before you make your trip.
We hope you enjoy your stay. Remember, take only memories, leave only footprints.