Location: The Ilo Dillin
State Habitat Area is located is southeastern Tazewell County, approximately 5
miles southwest of Minier, IL or 3 miles northwest of Armington, IL.
Hunter access parking area is located on Hartford Road, 1.5 miles west of the
intersection of Minier Road.
area consists of approximately 80 acres. It has a mixture of cool season
grasses and legumes, native warm season grasses, woodland- including
tree and shrub plantings, agriculture fields, food plots, wetlands, and creek bottoms. Active habitat management will be occurring throughout the year on the site, including prescribed burning.
Pheasant, Quail, Rabbit, Hungarian Partridge
Permit Only-Statewide-Units allocated through a drawing held at
Mackinaw River SFWA
All regulations found
in the Wildlife Code, Federal Regulations and Administrative Orders will apply
unless area regulations are more restrictive.
- Deer hunting is by archery only during the month of
- Hunters must display windshield cards and
report their harvest using the windshield card system. Windshield cards can be
obtained from the DNR website at https://dnr2.illinois.gov/windshieldcard/
- Only 1 tree stand per hunter and all
stands and climbing devices must be portable and removed at the end of each
- It is unlawful for any person to construct
or use any tree stand or climbing devices such as nails, screws, wire or any
other device which pierces or cuts the bark of trees.
Pheasant, Quail, Rabbit and Hungarian Partridge
- Hunting by permit only. A free site permit issued by
the Department of Natural Resources, Springfield Permit Office. The permit must
be returned and harvest reported by February 15th or permit holder will forfeit
hunting privileges on all pheasant habitat areas for the following year.
- Hunting will be permitted on the first and second day
of the statewide upland game season and on each subsequent Wednesday and
Saturday in November, and on each Thursday and Sunday in December, through
- Only one hunting party, consisting of the
permit holder and no more than three hunting partners, allowing for a maximum
of 4 hunters each day.
- All hunting must be with shotgun or bow
and arrow. Flu-flu arrows only, no broadheads.
- Hunters must wear a cap and upper outer
garment of solid blaze orange of at least 400 square inches.
- NON-TOXIC SHOT ONLY.
- Statewide regulations
- A site-specific permit is required and
must be in possession while trapping on the area. Permit is issued via a public
drawing held at Mackinaw River SFWA. Trappers are assigned units where trapping
is allowed. Trappers must stay within assigned areas. Persons participating in
the drawing must have either a current or previous year trapping license.
Contact site for date and time of drawing.
- Only Egg Traps®, D-P (Dog-Proof) Traps®,
Lil Grizz Get’rz®, box traps, cage traps, and traps of similar design may be
used for land sets.
- Only body-gripping traps with a jaw
spread of 5 inches or less, foothold traps with a jaw spread of 4.5 inches or
less, and square body gripping traps with a 10-inch jaw spread may be used for
- Snares may be used for water sets
- Use of foothold traps prohibited during
pheasant and quail season
- .22 caliber or smaller rimfire firearms
permitted unless otherwise specified
IT SHALL BE UNLAWFUL:
- For any persons to consume any alcoholic beverage,
including beer and wine, while on the area for the purpose of hunting.
- To hunt in any area not designated as
open to hunting.
- To park in any location except the
designated parking area.
- For unauthorized vehicles to enter upon
any interior road or trail.
- To ride horses on this
site or allow horses to enter this site.
For further information contact: Mackinaw
River State Fish and Wildlife Area, 15470 Nelson Road, Mackinaw, Il., 309-963-4969 or Spring Lake State Fish and Wildlife Area, 7982 South Park
Road, Manito, Il., 1-309-968-7135.