2020 Waterfowl Season Updates:
- All registered blind builders will sign in at check-in/out box by one hour prior to shooting time for that day in a drive through fashion.
- A harvest card will be given to hunt group and then they will leave the area.
- Any remaining blinds will be assigned at a first come first serve sign up sheet located at check-in/out box.
- Both registered and left over groups will self check out by filling out harvest card and placing in the check-out box.
Spring Lake Bottoms:
- Blinds for permit holders will be allocated prior to one hour before shooting time at window of check station at time of $10 per hunter fee collection.
- Masks will be required for this process.
- A harvest card will be handed to permit holder to be filled out at end of hunt and put in check-out box slot.
LOCATION: Five (5) miles northwest of Manito and 15 miles south of Pekin off Manito Blacktop.
DESCRIPTION: Total Area - 2,000 acres, including a 1,285 acre lake. Hunting Area - 260 acres. This area contains a long sand bluff overlooking Spring Lake. Timbered areas have mature stands of hardwoods and pine with fallow areas interspersed. As time and budget allow, this area is targeted for restoration activities and enhancement of wildlife habitat.
|Species ||Seasons ||Hunting Hours ||Bag Limits ||Special Regulations |
|Squirrel ||Day after Labor Day through Sept. 30, Season re-opens the day after the archery deer season closes and remains open until the end of the Statewide Season. ||Statewide ||Statewide ||Hunters must obtain a windshield card available online|
|Deer-Archery||Statewide||Statewide ||Statewide |
Hunters must obtain a windshield card available online
|Turkey - Fall Archery||Statewide||Statewide||Statewide||Hunters must obtain a windshield card available online.|
|Furbearers (Trapping Only)||Statewide||Statewide||Statewide||Site Permit, trapper quota.|
- Squirrel hunters must obtain a windshield card available online and report harves online prior to March 15th. Failure to report harvest will result in loss of hunting privileges at this site for the following year.
- All squirrel hunting must be with shotguns or air rifles. NO other rifles allowed! Deer hunting is by Archery Only
- Archery deer and turkey hunters must obtain a free site permit (windshield card) available online at dnr2.illinois.gov/Windshieldcard. Hunters must report their harvest and hunter trips online prior to February 15th each year. Failure to report harvest will result in loss of hunting privileges at this site for the following year.
- Only one non-piercing
tree stand or ground blind is allowed per deer permit holder. Tree stands and
ground blinds may be left unattended from September 15 through January 31. Any
tree stand or ground blind left unattended must be legibly marked with the owner's
name, address, and telephone number, or site assigned identification number.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to construct or use any tree stand using nails, screws, wire, or any other device which pierces or cuts the bark of the tree.
- It shall be unlawful to possess or consume alcoholic beverages including wine and beer while hunting on this area.
- It is unlawful to ride horses on this site or allow horses to enter this site.
- Furbearer trapping will be allowed by site permit allocated at drawing in October at Spring Lake SFWA.
OTHER FACILITIES: Camping, Picnicking, Hiking, Fishing, Boat Rentals.
For further information contact: Site Superintendent, Spring Lake State Fish & Wildlife Area, 7982 South Park Road, Manito, Il. 61547