The Illinois EPA Office of Energy announces a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for availability of funds from the Energy Efficiency Trust Fund (EE Trust Fund). The EE Trust Fund was established to benefit residential electric customers through projects determined to promote energy efficiency in the State of Illinois, per 20 ILCS 687/6-6.
Illinois EPA Office of Energy intends to award funding to public housing authorities, units of local government (municipalities, counties, or townships), or nonprofit organizations for implementation of energy efficiency improvements in single or multi-family residential properties. Eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
- Building Envelope insulation
- Window replacement
- Space heating and cooling equipment retrofit
- Heating and cooling distribution system retrofit
- Installation of efficient domestic hot water equipment
- Lighting upgrades (indoor and/or outdoor)
- High-efficiency appliance installation/replacement
- Programmable thermostats installation
- Energy metering changes
Applications are due by 5:00pm on Wednesday, January 12, 2022. To be considered for funding, energy efficiency projects (minimum of $25,000 and maximum of $500,000) at low income residential properties must be served by a municipally owned electric utility OR electric cooperative. The cost share requirements range from 2% to 10% dependent upon the total award request. Please refer to the NOFO for additional details.
Please send questions to Abby Brokaw at Abby Brokaw.