If you are an Employer, what is changing as of September 11, 2017?
In addition to the information below, we have included a printer friendly high level informational overview of the changes. We will be updating this document on a periodic basis to reflect the new process. Please continue to review this website and this document.
here for the informational guide.
UI 3/40 wage report
The second quarter of 2017 “Employer’s Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report” UI 3/40 will be the last pre-printed quarterly report mailed to your business. This move is due to increased security concerns to protect the employee names and Social Security Numbers of Illinois employers.
- Employers with fewer than 25 employees can still file paper quarterly UI-3/40s. The online form has been improved to allow you to fill out the form online, save it and print it.
Download the UI3/40 here.
- Employers with any employee size will have the option to file quarterly UI-3/40 wage reports and make payments through their MyTax Illinois account at
On September 4th, 2017, TaxNet will be taken offline at 11:59 PM CST. Starting September 11, 2017, you can use MyTax Illinois for all your State of Illinois tax needs, including the monthly and quarterly wage filing requirements.
As an Employer, you can continue to submit paper POA to IDES for processing. You will also be able to establish, modify or terminate client relationships through MyTax Illinois similar to TaxNet.
Zero wage telefiling system
On August 31st, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST, the zero wage tele-filing system will be decommissioned. After that, employers will have several new options to report their quarterly zero wages.
- Employers will be able to file their quarterly zero wage reports through a non-log in feature on MyTax Illinois; you will only need your FEIN and UI account numbers.
- Employers will also be able to file their quarterly zero wage reports through MyTax Illinois if you already have an account set up.
- Employers can still file paper quarterly UI-3/40s by downloading and completing the approved
Credit card payment option
On August 31, 2017 at 2:30 PM CST, the credit card payment system will be decommissioned. Payments can be made through MyTax Illinois ACH debit from your checking or savings account. ACH debit is free to use. You may also mail in a payment using a check or money order.
There are no changes to the current required monthly and quarterly reporting requirements.
If you currently use a Service Bureau to handle your tax processing needs, we will be providing transition information to them directly.